Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Considered to be the most advanced tooth replacement treatment, dental implants can be used to replace any number of missing teeth and can even replace all of your lost teeth. If you are missing just one tooth, we can replace it using a single implant and porcelain crown. We can replace several teeth with an implant-supported bridge or all of your teeth using an implant-supported denture.
You may be a candidate if you:
• Are missing one or more teeth
• Have a bridge that needs to be replaced
• Are unhappy with your dentures
• Feel that your dentures are affecting your quality of life or diet
• Have pain or dental disease due to a missing tooth
• Have bite problems due to missing teeth
• Prefer a permanent restoration that will not need to be replaced periodically
Just about anyone who has lost a tooth may be considered a candidate for implants. For the best results, your jaw should be fully finished growing, and your smile should be free of any untreated dental disease. If you smoke, you will need to quit before the procedure and during your recovery period. Patients with chronic health problems will also need to take additional measures to protect their dental and overall health.
The success rate of implants is high, with more than 95 percent of patients continuing to enjoy their new implants 15 years after placement. Regardless of why you lost a tooth, an implant is likely to be the best way for you to replace it. Call us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment with our team.
Back to Blog